Properly installed and maintained fire alarms are one of the best, and least expensive, means of providing an early warning of a potentially deadly fire. Fire alarm safety helps reduce the risk of dying from a fire within your home by half. When a fire alarm needs to be maintained or replaced, they are designed to emit a warning signal to notify you.
When to Replace my Fire Alarm:
- Smoke alarm is turning a faint yellow color
- Smoke alarm is chirping all of the time
- It does not respond when you test it
- It goes off for no reason
- There are faulty parts that have been recalled
THE FUTURE: Hard-wired fire alarms are increasingly being required by local code for newly constructed homes. Installing a hard-wired fire alarm in your home will ensure you are code compliant if you ever with to put it on the market for sale.