Nexus Electric is a fast growing, Port Orchard based company with a focus on professionalism, dependability, and attention to detail. We are actively hiring journeymen electricians for work in our Commercial and Residential Divisions. Nexus Electric is seeking honest, hard-working, and innovative Electricians with an ambitious and positive attitude to join our team. We have a strong mix of both service work and new construction that needs your expertise. These positions are full time, long term and local. We are locally owned and genuinely love serving our customers on the Kitsap Peninsula. Our employees take great pride in the solid reputation we have built. We are a family style workplace and looking to expand our team! If you are searching for a career that is built to last, consider joining the Nexus Family.
We offer an excellent benefits package and competitive pay, depending on experience. Be part of our growing team that will invest in your skills, improve your knowledge, and challenge you to grow
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform a variety of electrical trade functions such as installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy. Able to decipher and repair electrical problems that arise due to faulty generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems or other transmission equipment. Must be able to work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical systems or electrical equipment. Must be able to perform standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment. Must be proficient in the use of electrician hand tools and measuring and testing equipment. Electrical safety is of paramount importance.
Must be able to listen with comprehension to assist customers with problems. Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions, ability to follow written and verbal instructions, ability to be punctual, patience to work under sometimes stressful conditions.
- Work with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Ensure all work performed meets all safety codes and is inspected
- Diagnosis and fix problems in wiring and electrical components
- Competence in planning electrical systems for new construction
- Proficiency in reading and using technical drawings
- Capacity to lead teams of electricians and training apprentices.
- Ability to problem solve
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Participation in Quality Control and Safety Program.
- Perform daily checks on company provided vehicle.
- Skilled in the use of the tools of the trade
- Ability to squat, bend, stand, climb ladders, and lift 40 pounds
- Capable of working alone or in a team
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of management
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have Electrical License from WA state
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $40.00 per hour based on the candidates experience and knowledge base.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work locally – stop the commuting nightmare
- An excellent work/life balance
- Monday – Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm
- Electrical License (Required)
- Electrical License in Washington State (Required)
Return to our Career Page to apply, or send your resume to email@example.com